FX is a healthy addiction. Sure, you might start out with a dash of drive, but pretty soon you’ll be chasing sounds your setup can’t deliver. If you just want another stopgap FX pedal, move along. But if you want a keeper, invest in the new Boss ME-80. Raising the spec of the Boss ME-70, and taking key features from the flagship Boss GT-100, it’s as tone-packed as a top studio, but as easy to operate as a stompbox.
Think of a box and the Boss ME-80 ticks it. Under the bonnet, an array of ultra-realistic COSM amp models replicate the coolest amps in history, and pro Boss effects are ready to give your songs wings. On the dashboard, a pedalboard-style layout of gig-friendly footswitches, intuitive controls and expression pedal let you bring the noise fast and shape it in real-time.
Live guitarists will lap up the Boss ME-80, but so too will production boffins, thanks to free Boss Tone Studio software that allows deep editing on your computer, and gives a web connection to the gig-ready patches and endless guitar content at Boss Tone Central. There’s a new Boss in town.
- Compact and powerful floor multi-effects with simple knob-based interface
- Eight simultaneous effects categories, each with multiple effects types
- Dial up tones with the ease of using your favourite stompboxes
- Includes a massive selection of top-quality effects, from classic Boss stomps to the latest MDP effects
- Updated flagship-level COSM amps derived from the GT-100
- Eight multi-function footswitches and expression pedal
- Manual mode for stompbox-style on/off; Memory mode for switching complete patch setups
- Delay section includes Phrase Loop function with 38 seconds of recording
- Runs on six AA batteries or optional PSA-series AC adapter
- USB audio/MIDI interface built in
- Free Boss Tone Studio software allows you to edit and organise tones on your computer, and also preview and download free patches directly from the Boss Tone Central website
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Boss Specification
AD Conversion 24 bits + AF method (Adaptive Focus method) * This is a proprietary method from Roland & BOSS that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (SN) ratio of the AD and DA converters.
DA Conversion 24 bits
Sampling Frequency 44.1 kHz
Patches 36 (User) + 36 (Preset)
Pedals Pedal switch x 8, Expression pedal x 1
Nominal Input Level GUITAR INPUT: -10 dBu, AUX IN: -20 dBu
Input Impedance GUITAR INPUT: 1 M ohm, AUX IN: 27 k ohms
Nominal Output Level Gt. AMP OUTPUT L/MONO, R: -10 dBu, REC OUT/PHONES: -10 dBu
Output Impedance Gt. AMP OUTPUT L/MONO, R: 2 k ohms, REC OUT/PHONES: 44 ohms
Recommended Load Impedance Gt. AMP OUTPUT L/MONO, R: 10 k ohms or greater, REC OUT/PHONES: 16 ohms or greater
Connectors GUITAR INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type, Gt. AMP OUTPUT L/MONO, R jack: 1/4-inch phone type, REC OUT/PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type, AUX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type, USB COMPUTER port: USB type B, DC IN jack
Display 7 segments, 2 digits LED
Power Supply Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 6 or Carbon-zinc battery (AA, R6) x 6 or AC adaptor
Current Draw 200 mA
Expected battery life under continuous use Alkaline: Approx. 7 hours Carbon: Approx. 2 hours * These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
Accessories Owner's Manual Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 6, "Read Me First" Leaflet
Option (sold separately) AC adaptor: PSA series
Width 447 mm 17-10/16 inches
Depth 231 mm 9-1/8 inches
Height 70 mm 2-13/16 inches (Maximum: 91 mm 3-10/16 inches)
Weight 3.6 kg 7 lbs. 15 oz.
Product Condition No
- Product Reviews
- Product Videos