EXL145 is a popular choice for rock and metal where heavier gauges are required. A plain 3rd/G string offers more flexibility than traditional 12-gauge electric strings. Optimized for down tuning!
D'Addario XL Nickel Wound Electric Guitar strings are world-renowned as "The Player's Choice" amongst players of all genres and styles. XL's are precision wound with nickelplated steel on a hex-shaped core, resulting in strings with a distinctive bright tone and excellent intonation.
- Heavier gauge strings with a plain 3rd/G string, great for down tuning
- Round wound with nickelplated steel for distinctive bright tone
- Environmentally friendly, corrosion resistant packaging for strings that are always fresh
- Made in the U.S.A. for the highest quality and performance
- String Gauges: Plain Steel .012, .016 .020, Nickel Wound .032, .042, .054
- Additional Information
Manufacturer D'Addario Specification
Diameter Tension Item # Note Inches mm lbs kg PL012 E 0.0120 0.3000 23.360 10.600 PL016 B 0.0160 0.4060 23.310 10.570 PL020 G 0.0200 0.5080 22.940 10.410 NW032 D 0.0320 0.8120 27.630 12.530 NW042 A 0.0420 1.0660 25.600 11.610 NW054 E 0.0540 1.3710 23.610 10.710
- Product Reviews
- Product Videos