For 25 years the SR has given bass players a modern alternative. With its continued popularity, Ibanez is constantly endeavoring to answer the wider needs of a variety of players, at a variety of budgets. But no matter what the specs, the heart is the same - the SR continues to excite with its smooth, fast neck, lightweight body, and perfectly matched electronics.
The SR705 features a mahogany body with a figured maple top in Black Ice with a 5-piece Jatoba/Bubinga neck. The accu-cast B305 Bridge is newly designed and standard on the SR500 and higher basses. String height continues to be a simple and quick single set-screw adjustment, but the new saddle design improves string-to-body vibration conductivity. Walls and channels of the new bridge plate effectively "trap" the saddles, ensuring perfect directional uniformity.
Coupling Jatoba with Bubinga has made the neck strong and stable despite its thinness whilt the extended neck joint not only creates a unique look, it also makes utilizing the higher frets easier. The Bartolini® MK1 Pickups are split coil designs that provides a very wide frequency range and enhanced definition for maximum accuracy. The Neck and Bridge pickups have equal response, like traditional single coils, but without the hum and noise.
- Highly versatile electric bass with Bartolini MK1 pickups and EQ, at a great price
- The SR705's gorgeous Maple/Mahogany multilamination can be enjoyed by many players without paying boutique prices
- Thinner neck with a thinner nut than traditional basses
- Lightweight, balanced, comfort-contoured body
- Active EQ perfectly matched with the right choice of pickups
- 5pc SR5 Jatoba/Bubinga neck
- Figured Maple/Mahogany wing body w/Maple center block
- Rosewood Fingerboard with inlays
- Scale 864mm/34 inch
- Width at Nut 45mm
- 24 Medium frets
- Sealed die cast tuners
- Accu-Cast B25 bridge (16.5mm string spacing)
- Bartolini MK1 Neck Pickup
- Bartolini MK1 Bridge Pickup
- Equaliser Bartolini MK1 3-band eq
- Volume, Balancer, Bass Boost/Cut, Mid Boost/Cut and Treble Boost/Cut control knobs
- Tech Specs
Manufacturer Ibanez Specification
Model: Ibanez SR705
Finish: Black Ice
Neck Type: SR5 5pc Jatoba/Bubinga
Body: Figured Maple top/Mahogany body
Fretboard: Rosewood w/Abalone oval inlay
Frets: 24 Medium frets
Bridge: Accu-cast B305 bridge
Pickups: Bartolini® MK-1 neck pu (Passive), Bartolini® MK-1 bridge pu (Passive)
Equaliser: EQB-IIIS 3-band eq w/Mid frequency switch
Hardware Colour: Cosmo Black
Neck Dimensions: Width at Nut 45mm, Width at Last Fret 68mm, Thickness at 1st 19.5mm, Thickness at 12th 21.5mm
Radius: Radius 305mmR
Product Condition No
- Delivery & Returns
We aim to ship all orders received before 2:00PM on the same day. Orders received later in the day or at the weekend will ship on the next working day. All orders over £100 ship with free next working day delivery with a one hour delivery window.
Orders over £25 but below £100 qualify for free shipping which generally takes 2-3 days to arrive or can be upgraded to express for a small charge. Under £25 shipping is a flat rate £2 and will ship by Royal Mail, again with an an option to upgrade to express next day shipping for a small charge.
Alternatively all orders can be collected from our Derby store by choosing Click & Collect at the checkout. Please note these details are for UK delivery only, non-mainland orders may take longer and/or incur an additional charge, for international orders please contact us.